Since both Craig and Nate weren't arriving until noontime plus the fact that nothing was going on at the convention, the only objective so far was to pick up badges. So for now, the only I can do is take photos of the crowds and talk to some of the attendees.
|These two are from Saudi Arabia. No seriously, they are.|
Meanwhile, over at the FUNimation booth they had converted half of their booth into the Boobies Lounge from Space Dandy complete with girls in Boobies outfits and Dandy himself. For some odd reason, FUNimation were obsessed over "boobies" but that was a given with their Space Dandy theme which carried over to their industry panel and the world premier the next day.
Next was the FUNimation Industry Panel. I was expecting some big-time announcement like a dub for Attack on Titan but got none of that; they mentioned Space Dandy and some of their simulcasts that they picked up, but nothing major that would make us jump out of our seat.
|Sayaka Sasaki in her second-half outfit.|
I had no idea who Sayaka Sasaki was. Nate knew her for the ending to Nichijou, but at the time she wasn't one of those household names that I knew off of the top of my head. Still, her setlist contained covers and her songs she sang and the lighting was perfect for the setting. Me and Nate had a wonderful watching her concert, and I was more thrilled when she responded to me back on Twitter after sending her my Instagram photo.
@heeroyuy135 Thank you for coming to see me at OtakonVegas. See you again!☆ Nice photo!!^^
— 佐咲紗花 (@sasakiSSsayaka) January 6, 2014
Then we had this filmed on the Strip as me and Nate walked back.
We changed in for the first night out on the Strip. We first headed over to the Bellagio Fountains to watch a show before heading out into the nightlife.
There are some lessons to be learned that evening, such as:
- If you have a comp from a hotel, make sure you have the comp slip or have the code for the hotel you're staying in.
- You're going to win some and lose some. Yes, Las Vegas has the lure of winning big, but the scenario of you winning that jackpot on very little money is rare. Mostly, you'll win just to break even.
- Decision-making in Las Vegas goes out the window. It doesn't help that the alcohol flows in Las Vegas faster than the Colorado River on the cheap. Dollar beers and cocktails while at the tables? Count anyone in!
- Like Danganronpa, there were stages of despair. I had hit Part/Stage 1 and Part/Stage 2 in one night.
- If anything else, there's always a jacuzzi to melt away that despair.