Sunday was Part 2 of Wild Card weekend in the NFL which had Chargers/Bengals in the early slot and 49ers/Packers for the late game. At some point as were sitting down watching the game with fellow fans, I realized that we are not just fans of anime, manga, video games, and Japanese media, but fans of gambling, drinking, and watching sports. And being in Las Vegas makes all these come together in a little package that's not too overwhelming on all sides. It feels more natural watching these games here rather than at a small bar or hotel TV at conventions like ALA or SacAnime.
- Experimentation of signage
- First year conventions yields unpredictable results for cosplay gatherings and Masquerade
- They will open up sections on Cosplay.com and their own forums for cosplay gatherings and events
- Eventual hall cosplay contest and support staff ala Fanime or AX as the convention grows
- IT issues stalled at-convention registration
- Snowstorm delayed a ton of their materials
- Parking at the Miracle Mile = long walk
- Having AA outside allowed non-badged people to buy
I tried out the Farm Burger along with their Truffle Parmesan Fries and Shake #4. Outside of Dad's Kitchen back in Sacramento, this was one of the best burgers I've ever had.
|The Farm Burger, which consisted of duck breast bacon, English sharp cheddar, and a fried egg. Not pictured: the Truffle Parmesan Fries and the Shake #4, which consisted of crème brûlée pudding and an oreo shake with a oreo cookie on top.|
|Poker legend Doyle Brunson's autograph on the table.|
|Just looking at that photo made my heart hurt.|
|Cheese-kun, Kon, Plue, Bebe, and Teddie all in the jacuzzi for one last time.|