This opens up some opportunities to find great places to eat, no matter what your budget is.
- Upper Crust Pizza is right next door to the Hyatt, and is my recommendation for Kintoki-Con. While the pizza might not be as good as Pizza Hut or Round Table Pizza, it's a throwback to the old school pizzerias and they offer an Express Food Bar from 11am to 9pm Friday and Saturday for $7.13 plus tax - perfect for those visiting on Day Zero or Day One and are looking for a hearty meal.
- On the east side of the Hyatt near the Sacramento Convention Center contains a Starbucks and a Wolfgang Puck Express. I'm not sure if those two are open during Kintoki-Con, but it doesn't hurt to look. Also located in this area is the Cafeteria 15L, the Park Ultra Lounge (plus it's To Go stand), Ma Jong's Asian Diner, and Spataro.
- On L Street west of the Hyatt is Cafe Connection, Cafe Roma, Chicory Coffee and Tea, Deli Tootsie, La Bou, and Chops Steaks Seafood & Bar.
- There are many eateries lining the K Street Mall between Downtown Plaza and the Sacramento Convention Center. In this area is Ambrosia Cafe, Pyramid Alehouse Brewery, Midtown Market, Blimpie, Asuka Japanese Restaurant, Crest Cafe, Pizza Rock, Dive Bar, Hana's Corner, K Mini-Mart, Golden Rice Bowl, Burger Inn, the first of four Subways, K Nine Mini Mart, and Vive!
- There is also a Rite Aid on the K Street Mall, the only pharmacy/convenience store in the downtown area within walking distance of the convention.
- If you do decide to make the walk to Downtown Plaza, there is a number of places to eat including Jamba Juice, Pretzel Choice, Yummy Yogurt Cafe, Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, River City Brewing Company, and Spinners.
- The Food Court offers Hot Rod's BBQ (there is also a stand next to River City Brewing Company), Hot Dog on a Stick, Panda Express, Sbarro, Pan Pacific, and Gyro Supreme.
- If you walk up to J Street, between 3rd Street and 14th Street is Pennisi's Deli, not two but three Subways, Muntean's Sandwiches and Soups, Tony's Delicatessen & Catering, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant, Wayside Noodles, Shenanigans, and Denny's conveniently right as you exit J Street coming off Interstate 5.
I hope this guide helps you in figuring out what to eat during Kintoki-Con.
See you all next week!