Now compared to most conventions in the Sacramento area, SacAnime's location is what I would call "isolated," where there's nothing much unless you want to drive out, but I'll mention that later. But there are some options that are within walking distance, perfect if you don't feel like risking losing your parking space at the Woodlake.
With this edition of the pre-coverage, the challenge is photographing everything in this huge area. I hope to have a full album with places before the Summer 2012 edition (I promise!). And don't take my word for it alone - call ahead for verification and details.
|Figure One. SacAnime at the Woodlake and its surroundings.|
- My recommendation for this convention is Costco, directly south of the Woodlake. You might be asking yourself "Don't I need a membership card to enter?" That's true, but at this Costco you can buy food outside and bring it back to the Woodlake. In 2009, I ordered a large pizza and a bunch of Chicken Bakes for about $20-25 and it fed the hotel room that I stayed in.
- There is also a Tacos Del Mar, Extreme Pizza, Subway, and a Starbucks east of the Woodlake near the gas station for Costco customers.
|The Subway and Extreme Pizza, right next door to the Woodlake Hotel.|
|Figure Two. Arden Fair Mall and surrounding areas.|
- At the mall itself:
- Fast Food: 360 Gourmet World Grill, Carl's Jr., Hibachi-san, Hot Dog on a Stick, Panda Express, Ruby Thai Kitchen, Sbarro, and Steak Escape. Subway is still not open, however there is one at Market Square (see below).
- Restaurants: BJ's Restaurant and Brewery, Fresh Choice, and Johnny Rockets.
- Starbucks, next to Johnny Rockets.
- Across the way from the mall is Market Square at Arden Fair, which houses a number of eateries including Dos Coyotes, California Pizza Kitchen, and Pluto's. Also new for this guide is another Subway and Smashburger.
- Near the east end of the complex near Best Buy and Toys R Us is a Burger King and a Cheesecake Factory.
- South of Arden Fair Mall are more restaurants: Elephant Bar, El Torito, Olive Garden, Hooters, Coco's Bakery, and Luau Garden.
- To the east of Arden and Ethan, more options arise:
- Fast Food: McDonalds, Del Taco, Arby's, Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A, Chipotle, Jamba Juice, and another Starbucks.
- Restaurants: Macaroni Grill, Mimi's Cafe, IHOP, Applebee's, Chili's, Round Table Pizza, Arigato Sushi, Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse, Dennys, Buca di Peppo, and Chevy's.