Tuesday, June 1, 2010

FanimeCon 2010 Report: Part 3 - Friday (Day One)

Unlike previous FanimeCons, I'm up by 8 in the morning versus 4-5 in the morning because I'm already here. After getting ready for the convention, I head downstairs to get some photos of the registration lines before heading upstairs to take more shots of the empty Stage Zero and the somewhat busy Gaming Room since its the only thing open at 9am, playing a bit of DJ Hero to get my morning started.

I keep walking around, taking shots of cosplayers -

- until it's time for me to eat some lunch before the main day starts at Opening Ceremonies, with me and Ryan getting together to film the ceremonies.

Right after that, we need to get ready for the Ouran gathering since we're "expecting" 50+ people that expressed their interest on the forums.

Unfortunately, we ran into some problems with the smokers and people playing loud music which sort of killed the "high-class" mood, and then only a small fraction of the expected people came but at least (GG)Nami_Misaki came through with the cake. For everyone who did show up, I gave them all a bottle of apple cider for our appreciation for coming and I gave (GG)Nami_Misaki the 4-pack.


I then went upstairs to change into something light for the FLOW concert and then came back to take more pictures of the gathering that had moved to a different spot to eat the cake.

We then jump in line for the FLOW concert, and we had a favorable spot in line near the corner of South Market Street and San Carlos. Me and Ryan take turns changing out and getting drinks while we wait in line. Right around 6pm they open the doors and the fans flood the Civic Auditorium. To our surprise, we get FRONT (RIGHT) ROW SEATS. By 7pm, we were ready and when they came on, all hell broke loose for the next hour and a half. We were jumping around, feeling the flow of the music as we immersed ourselves in a dream-becoming-a-reality. Once they left, we had to call encore, so we ran up and down the aisles calling for it and eventually they did come back for one last song.

By then, we were tired as shit and about to lose our voices on a Friday feeling like a Sunday already. Me, Ryan, and Lucas head off to Johnny Rockets for a well-needed meal...

...before going back to the con for more adventures from Ryan buying more stuff from the Swap Meet to some Initial D Ver. 4 to me finally getting back to playing some Rock Band to watching some viral videos on Stage Zero.

With a long road ahead of us after burning ourselves out, we decide to crash only to realize have more morning stuff to do...

-Day One End-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.